Release note NVGate V12.10
OROS always strives to be closer to its users and is carefully listening to needs and requests. This is why OROS is regularly releasing new bundles. Customers under contract automatically benefit from each release. The last update of the V12 generation is now V12.10.
April 2020 Update- This update of the V12 release notes describe the new features of V12.10 on top of the already announced V12 features.
- 1 NVGate V12.10 Bundle Version
- 1.1 One click update of the license keys
- 1.2 Seamless transition from recording to post analysis
- 1.3 One step further for properties management
- 1.4 No tach signal available? : Use our simulated tachometer tool
- 1.5 Reading the NVGate version used to save a measurement
- 1.6 Russian Translation
- 1.7 Displaying the Side Band delta value
- 1.8 Saving the rotating speed scalar value
- 1.9 Applying a marker to each graph in multi-graph windows
- 1.10 Miscellaneous
- 1.11 Fixed issues
- 2 NVGate V12.00
- 2.1 Compatibility
- 2.2 Overview
- 2.3 New features
- 2.4 New features
- 2.5 New features
- 2.5.1 Description
- 2.5.2 Licenses
- 2.5.3 DOF modification in measurement
- 2.5.4 User defined number of decimal digits for result figures
- 2.5.5 Extract DC tach from a dynamic input track
- 2.5.6 Memorization of calibrator type and settings
- 2.5.7 Adjust the number of layouts in PC RAM
- 2.5.8 Kinematic Marker Database
- 2.5.9 Scaling graphs at a time in multi-graph windows
- 2.5.10 Change window color by macro
- 2.5.11 Add/remove Window dialog
- 2.5.12 Select the report template from NVDrive
- 2.6 Available tools
- 2.6.1 Batch post process
- 2.6.2 Tach tool
- 2.6.3 Automatic report selection
- 2.6.4 Edit signal
- 2.6.5 Rosette computation for strain gage
- 2.6.6 Torsion ODS
- 2.6.7 CAN bus: import .dbc
- 2.6.8 RT60 computation
- 2.6.9 Cascade mode (multi analyzers)
- 2.6.10 Stability
- 2.6.11 Recorder overwrite
- 2.6.12 Display
- 2.6.13 Export
- 2.6.14 Dual sampling
- 2.6.15 Tachometer and order analysis
- 2.6.16 OR35TW
- 2.6.17 Input ranges
- 2.6.18 NVDrive (see NVdrive toolkit)
- 2.6.19 Miscellaneous
NVGate V12.10 Bundle Version
The NVGate® bundle V12.10 is available from April 2020. This release of the OROS 3-Series analyzer’s software platform brings additional functionalities to the V12.00 version.
- One click update of the license keys
- Seamless transition from recording to signal post analysis
- One step further for properties management
- Filling in properties content from a drop down list
- Multi-selecting, deleting properties
- Managing incoming properties, sorting properties order, and more…
- No tach signal available?: Use our new simulated tachometer tool.
- And more to discover below…
Compatibility: Same as V12.00.
One click update of the license keys
If you are now using NVGate version 11 or a previous version, you will need to update the license keys of your analyzer and USB dongle in order to run the NVGate version 12.10 that you have installed on your PC.
The NVGate connection window has been enhanced in version 12.10 to quickly update the license keys.
How to proceed?
- 1) Select the item (analyzer or dongle) for which you want to update the license keys.
- 2) Select the .ZIP archive containing your new license key files (as sent by mail by customer care team or your local distributor).
The license key files will be automatically copied in the NVGate installation folder and the keys of your analyzer and USB dongle will be encrypted.
- 3) The firmware update will be automatically performed.
Key update process
Seamless transition from recording to post analysis
After recording a signal and computing some results with the NVGate plug-ins (FFT, SOA, OCT) you may need to post-analyze the recorded signal to change a few analysis settings or compute additional results using the same plug-ins.
With NVGate 12.10, it is now possible to post-analyze a signal:
- Directly using the same setup as the one used during the recording. If required, modifications to the setup can be completed in an additional step.
In that case, after loading the record setup the same results will be computed and / or displayed as during the acquisition. It is then possible to change the analysis settings, add or remove results and modify the layouts.
Note: 'if the record setup contains virtual inputs, torsional channels, CAN or DC channels, the connection of these channels to the plug-ins will be reset.
- or start from scratch on a new default setup.
In that case, all the tracks connection to the plug-ins will be reset.
How to proceed?
To post-analyze a signal and choose to keep the record setup or use a new setup, you can either:
- Select the signal from the Post Analysis menu and select the Post-analyze option as follows:
Selecting a signal to be post analyzed from the Select Signal window
- Or right click on the signal in the NVGate Workspace and select the Post-analyze option:
Selecting a signal to be post analyzed from the project manager
One step further for properties management
Properties are a great feature of the Teamwork platform which allow users to associate contextual information to their measurement data and setups (properties are applied when saving a project, a setup or a measurement).
Without such a tool, the natural tendency would be to insert this information in the titles of the measurements making the users life difficult when it is time to sort and find relevant data.
New key features are now available in the Properties Manager of NVGate 12.10 which allow a smooth experience of the Dataset management.
Filling in properties content from a drop down list
The user is given the possibility to fill in the content of a property from a drop-down list of predefined choices as shown in the window below:
Filling in a predefined choice for a property (when for example creating a new project)
How to proceed?
1. Start the properties manager window for the "Home ribbon"
Starting the properties manager window
2. After selecting a property, the property type can be selected. Three choices are available:
Free text: The user can enter any text freely when filling the property information.
List (restricted) (New in V12.10)
Fill-in the List items in the Properties manager. Then, when saving a project, a measurement or a setup the user will be able to select the item from a combo list as shown below.
List (New in V12.10):
This option is a mix of the "Free text" and "List (restricted)" option. During a save (measurement, setup or project), the list is proposed as a combo but free text still can be entered. For that the list items should be entered in the properties manager for the selected property. In this case, the property will be given the free text content but the list will not be populated with this new entry. If this is required, the list of that property can be modified in the properties manager.
Selecting the property LIST type during the properties management
- Setting up the Default value for the property item.
For properties which are declared as list, it is possible to define their default value:
Setting up the default selection from the list
Multi-selecting to modify several properties at once
A user can simply select multiple properties to achieve an action (Modify behavior, Modify suggest or Delete) on all of them at once.
Properties multi selection
Deleting existing properties
Deleting existing properties
The selected properties will be deleted from the database. The multi-selection enables to delete several properties at once.
Once deleted, the properties can still be shown using the "Show deleted properties" (Option accessible from the delete button using the down arrow. The property can be recovered by modifying the behavior to something other than "deleted" as shown from the window below.
Show deleted properties
Tips: 'How to completely reset your properties base? To achieve this you must delete the files "userPropertiesLibrary" and "userPropertyPolicies" – which can be found at this location : C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\OROS\NVGate
Managing the incoming properties
This feature allows a user to choose how to deal with properties coming from imported NVGate projects, measurements and models (after an import or a collate for example).
You can select what will happen to a property when the import occurs. The behavior is adjusted after pressing the button "Incoming …"
2 main choices are available: Import or Ignore
- Import: When this behavior is selected, the user needs to select the following settings:
- "behavior": apply to a new project, to a measurement, to a model, or don’t apply it (Nothing).
- "suggest": empty, same as previous, same as today.
To update the properties for a team who use several PCs, select this option, then import a project, measurement, models on the PCs. The new properties will be including on the new PC, including combo list.
- Ignore: When this behavior is selected, the property will actually take the status deleted right at the import level.
Setting up what will happen to a property during an import
Sorting the properties
It is now possible to rank properties (after selecting them) to change their order:
Sorting the properties
No tach signal available? : Use our simulated tachometer tool
This option is now available for customers owning the FFTDiag option.
This feature will allow you to simulate a tachometer with a fixed speed for your measurement. This is useful when using a real tachometer sensor is not possible and your shaft is rotating at steady speed.
Setting up the simulated tach
You can use this tachometer as any tachometers to calculate order spectrums or save it as a result (see next section).
Selecting the Simulated tach. 1
Reading the NVGate version used to save a measurement
In order to further improve the traceability of your measurements, the NVGate version used for the measurement is now displayed in the Measurement properties and also in the Open Project and Load Setup windows (Product column).
Note: 'This property is applied to measurements performed on version 12.00 and forward.
The NVGate version used to take a measurement is saved can be read from the properties
Russian translation is now available in NVGate 12.10.
Displaying the Side Band delta value
Using Side-bands markers, the delta value between the two markers is now displayed in the info-trace table as shown here on the side.
Saving the rotating speed scalar value
With NVGate 12.10 it is now possible to save the last measured scalar value of any tachometer available as Result in NVGate. This result appears in the Result list of the measurement.
Applying a marker to each graph in multi-graph windows
To create a marker (free, harmonics, maximum, peaks, kinematics, etc.) in multi-graph windows, users now have two options:
|Select the marker type you want to create and double click on one graph of the window. The marker will be applied only to this graph.
Select the marker type you want to create then hold Shift + double click on one graph of the window, the marker will be applied to all graphs of the window.
- Xpod Strain gage documentation add-on folder: Manuals\Xpod Strain gage\
- TeamViewer quick support update to V15.
- Start OR10 in connected mode with command line – Nvdrive documentation updated.
- Python Toolkit: Added support for Python 3.8.
- The "Run Pause stop" button can be hidden using an NVDrive command line.
- In online mode, there is no longer a limitation of 192 maximum channels.
In addition to new features, some issues have been fixed in NVGate V12.10.
|13528||ORBIGate in Japanese set wrong accelerometer default sensors|
|10225||Waterfall cursor value for integration derivation fft spectrum|
|11822||Time signal display of the last channel is smaller than the other channels|
|13411||Last spectrum is cut in the graph|
|13410||Improve display of text in info-trace|
|13414||Multi graph marker not applied to all traces|
|13510||Delta RPM - Matlab export of overall profile - NVGate shut down|
|13538||Post analysis: trigger Delta RPM and Delta time freeze NVGate|
|13480||OR35TW LCD screen freeze with specific action on LCD|
|13476||OR34 autonomy of internal battery was 3 minutes. Now 15 min|
|13555||Extend the Export / import windows|
|9913||Share project and measurement properties|
|13590||Fan doesn’t work with "fan forced"|
The 12th major version of NVGate is available from January 2020. This major release of the OROS Teamwork software platform welcomes several new analysis modules and brings significative performance improvements.
This release note describes the content of version 12.00, with operating details.
NVGate V12.00 is compatible with all OROS instruments that have not been discontinued. Depending on the hardware options and version, some instrument features may or may not be available. This release is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 versions.
The following features have been added in this NVGate release:
NVGate V12.00 supports the operations of 3 new modules which work within the platform.
This latest release is a part of the Mobile DAQ System introduced in 2019. It provides all the necessary features to work with the OR10 DAQ for both setup preparation and post-processing. It integrates the OROS DataSet management allowing high security and visibility to OR10 DAQ data that are comprehensively integrated in the Teamwork data.
NVGate V12.00 allows running any module of the OROS software suit on the OR10 DAQ in both on-line and post-processing modes.
EV/HV NVH testing solution
Developed in collaboration with EOMYS, a specialist of electromagnetic noise &vibration, the EV/HV NVH module enriches the platform with a toolset related to electric motors and their associated power electronics.
Integrated in NVGate as a ribbon, the EV/HV module covers the full process from motor typology and characteristics to the identification of electric noise sources. Based on motor geometry, electric markers are calculated and positioned on the displays. Then, the most contributing electric wavenumbers can be determined based on the calculation of the spatiograms.
The Monitoring solution
Machinery noise and vibration levels can often increase rapidly and unexpectedly: in particular, after a recent installation or a maintenance operation. At that stage the machine may need to be carefully monitored for a few weeks or even months. This monitoring must be autonomous when the machine is located on a remote site where it is impossible to wait for an event to occur.
The Monitoring solution extracts results from the NVGate analyses at a predefine rate while checking continuously the analyzer and software operation. A reboot box is available to start and stop the analyzer remotely.
NVGate V12.00 comes with important improvements in ergonomics, performances and stability.
- Select number of decimal digits to be displayed.
- Edit DOF values in existing measurements.
- Calibration module: last calibrator reference memorized and visible measured level.
- Scaling all graphs at once in multi-graph windows.
- Generic roller bearing kinematic marker database.
- Increased the number of layouts in RAM memory.
- Window color changeable by macro:
Example with Go-No Go visualization
- Large channel count setup. Faster start, load setup and save measurement.
- Import and export filters (ATFX, UFF) have been improved.
- Python toolkit compatibility for V3.7.
- Prevent PC automatic sleep while it is connected to an analyzer.
- Signal file synchronization secured in cascaded mode.
- Dramatic software stability improvement.
- Torsional improvement.
- Overload indicators match selected range peaks in any range.
Note: The Fixed Issues chapter (page 25) details improvements and issue fixes that may concern existing users of NVGate.
Users’ tools community
OROS wishes to share tools and more with its valued customers who have updated to NVGate V12.00 through service contracts
Therefore, NVGate V12.00 comes along with set of external tools:
- Compute 2D main stress/strain value from rosette measurement.
- Create a tachometer reference from colormaps user’s drawing.
- Automatic NVGate start and reporting for production test.
- Time signal editor to remove unwanted section.
- Batch multi-signal post processing.
- Import .dbc for can Bus(update).
- Torsional ODS visualization.
- Reverberation time computation RT60 (Optional).
MODS is the OROS solution for data acquisition in the following situations:
- Optimized measurements in test center with operators’ conducted acquisition followed by experts’ post-processing
- Light travelling for consulting
- Measuring in uncomfortable situations (sole driver, elevator, risk areas).
The System is made of 3 parts:
The OR10 Mobile instrument. This device features the exact metrology of Teamwork instruments with 8 ch. 2 Ext. Sync (Tach), CAN bus and GPS. Its large autonomy allows working more than ½ day before recharging the battery.
- NVGo: The Android App is used to select acquisition setup, monitor and inform measurements. NVGo perfectly matches both of the above situations.
- NVGate V12.00 runs the OR10 as a front-end which allows its software be updated. NVGate is also used to add setups (Templates) to the OR10 as well as recovering measurements from it.
These 3 items work together, providing the best efficiency at each step of the measurement process: Preparation, setup, information, transfer, selection and post-process.
Operating NVGate with the OR10 as a front-end is exactly the same as with the other instrument of the OROS range. Some performance or real-time limitations may occur with demanding configurations, especially when the PC is connected to OR10 through WiFi.
See details in the [M002-177-4] MODS User’s manual available from the Manuals directory in the NVGate V12.00 install directory.
OR10 holds the licenses for standalone, NVGo and NVGate instrument locked analyses. All licenses are optional. The minimum set to measure and recover the signal is:
||OR10 standalone to operate the DAQ through its screen and keyboard|
||NVGate Platform Dongle locked license plus analysis module|
|EV/HV NVH testing solution|
The objective of the EV/HV module is to characterize the electromagnetic forces which are responsible for the noise emission of an electric motor. This is achieved through 2 main steps:
- eFrequencies determination and displays: They represent the characteristic frequencies that one may expect to find in the spectra. They are based on the specificities of the motor and depend of the RPM. For this reason, they are defined as harmonics.
- Spatiograms analysis and displays. Spatiograms are calculated based on measurements of accelerometers data distributed around the surface of the motor stator.
Each spatiogram is representative of a spatial distribution of the electromagnetic forces. The sum of the contributions of each spatiogram leads to the global vibration response. Determining the spatiogram responsible of the vibration harmonic that should be decreased is one of the major objectives of the EV/HV module.
Separation of the response in a sum of the contributing wavenumbers
Getting started tutorial
The following tutorial is based on a provided project called "EVHV App Z12p2". To follow the steps below, one should preliminarily place this project in the NVGate projects directory. When starting NVGate the following window will display. One should open a project and select "EVHV App Z12p2". This chapter is meant to provide a first global approach, so to go through the main steps.
Checking the eFrequencies
e-Machine should be clicked to access to the following dialog. At this stage, one can select the main characteristics of the e-Motor.
When the machine is configured, one can press Save. The user goes automatically to the following dialog which is the "eMarkers" one. When pressing "Apply" the eMarkers are displayed on the graphs of the current layout.
|eMarkers table||Spectra with the eMarkers|
The eMarkers dialog should be closed by clicking on the cross on the top right hand-side.
Change the Layout to reach layout2 (called Spatio). Changing layout can be achieved by clicking on
which is located in the "Measurement" tab.
A keyboard shortcut also exists: [CTRL+ SPACE]
Icons linked to the display of the spatiograms
By opening the
positions editor, one can check the positions that were saved in the setup
Displaying the sensors positions
The next step is to select a measurement. In the provided project and its contained measurement, spatiograms are already calculated. One should press the icon "select measurement" as shown below. In the dialog that follows, one should type, in the filtering area: for example, Z12. This will allow to easily find the appropriate measurement.
Selecting a measurement
From that point, the spatiograms for all wavenumbers (one spatiogram for each wavenumber) will be loaded and displayed.
Loading the spatiograms
Following that action, the spatiograms are automatically scaled and displayed as follows.
- The spatiograms are displayed here using the 3*3 configuration.
- The left top window is a reference spectrogram, the others are spatiograms.
- The spatiograms are automatically scaled using by default the "scale on max display option". It takes the Max of all results and sets it as the maximum value of the scale.
- We now want to find the participating wavenumbers to certain harmonics which are of interest. As an example, we want to know what are the participating wavenumbers to H12 (Index 3). We see that the wavenumber 0 is clearly the highest contributor to H12.
- Applying the eMarkers, the emarker with index 3 (H12) is shown on wavenumber 0. This confirms wavenumber 0 is the main contributor to H12.
Applying eMarkers to the spatiograms
When using the displays:
- The windows configuration can be changed using
- The scaling can be updated using the Scale on Max
or the scale on displayed
- The reference spectrogram (after selecting it) can be changed by using
- The wavenumber for each spatiogram can be changed by using
|ORNVS-EVHV-I||EV/HV Module- Instrument locked license|
|ORNVS-EVHV-D||EV/HV Module- Dongle locked license|
To respond to this application, the OROS Monitoring solution operates standalone and trigger actions based on defined alarm conditions looking at all channels. No need for the vibration specialist to stay on site waiting for noise and vibration levels to exceed unacceptable limits. Monitoring sends alerts autonomously and can be accessed remotely for further diagnostics.
Reboot Box with watchdogs available
Intended for long-term applications, the Monitoring application surveys the instrument, NVGate and PC operations continuity. In case of any failure, a watchdog restarts the complete measurement chain. In order to be 100% autonomous, the computer must be configured to restart after a power failure (using the proper "Restore on AC/Power Loss" feature in the BIOS).
The analyzer can be restarted as well using the "Autonomous kit" connected to the USB on the PC side and to RJ11 on the analyzer side as shown on the picture.
- First, a dedicated project should be defined in NVGate. Setup a project dedicated to monitoring and display the scalar values to be tracked in the current layout.
- Then, save the project and launch the Monitoring application. It will recognize the parameters displayed in the current layout.
- Then, configure the condition you want to monitor for each scalar and define the corresponding action. To do that, select an operator to compare the measured value with the target value (which must also be defined). For example, if you select ">" and "2" for an acceleration scalar, when this value is larger than 2 the selected action will be triggered.
- Finally, close the Monitoring application, close NVGate, shutdown your analyzer, and then launch the Monitoring Application. If everything starts by itself, Monitoring was setup properly and monitoring is initiated.
The Monitoring dialog window
The monitoring panel lets the user setup and visualize the indicators that are being monitored. Detailed setups are described in the list below:
- Window: Selected scalar window’s name.
- Module: Selected scalar module’s name.
- Process: Selected scalar process’s name.
- Channel: Selected scalar channel’s number.
- Input Name: Selected scalar input’s name.
- Values: Selected scalar values (SI).
- Units: Selected scalar units.
- Operator: Condition to be satisfied for actions:
- ’>: If the measured value is greater than the target value, then action.
- ’<: If the measured value is less than the target value, then action.
- ’Cross: If the measured value crosses the target value, then action.
- Target Values: Condition to be satisfied for actions.
- Actions: What do you want to do when the condition is satisfied:
- Activate / Deactivate outputs.
- Run / Stop analyzer.
- Trigger a User Event.
- Launch a macro (coming from NVGate).
- Hysteresis: Time hysteresis is the delay between each action coming from this scalar (e.g: 10s means the action cannot be triggered during the 10s following a triggered action.)
- Led: Green if the condition is not satisfied (no action). Red if the condition is satisfied (action).
The proper setups should be selected in the parameters dialog:
"Keep NVGate/Analyzer awake": Ensure NVGate is running and the analyzer is on.
- NVGate location: NVGate folder location (containing NVGate.exe).
- Analyzer IP: If the IP is not defined correctly the application will not be able to check if the unit is on and therefore will also not be able to boot or shutdown the Analyzer.
- Analyzer type: Analyzer type should be detected automatically. This is necessary to ensure the Monitoring Box functions properly.
- Monitoring Box COM Port: Select the Monitoring Box COM Port. This is required to boot/shutdown the analyzer. If the Monitoring Box is not connected, or the correct drivers are not installed the list will be empty.
- AutoRun Monitoring: Launch monitoring alongside NVGate.
- AutoRun NVGate: Ensure NVGate is running at all times.
- Start with (Project Name): Defines the project to be loaded in NVGate. If NVGate is restarted automatically, this project will automatically be loaded and monitored.
|ORNVS-MONI-FD||Monitoring software module – Floating dongle locked license|
|ORNVS-MONI-I||Monitoring software module – Instrument locked license|
|ORNVS-MONI-AUTO||Monitoring Autonomy kit|
|ORAC-MONI-REMO||Monitoring remote access controller|
|Improvements and new functions|
DOF modification in measurement
Erroneous data on the FRF node and direction is a common issue while analyzing with FRFs for ODS or modal analyses. With NVGate 12.00, it is now possible to edit and correct the nodes and directions of an existing measurement.
For doing this:
- Open Edit measurement from the ribbon.
- Click on Select input.
- Update the geometrical values: Component, Node and Direction, as well as input labels.
- Click again on Edit Measurement to save the updated measurement.
Note: The Project Manager must be refreshed to see new DOF in it
User defined number of decimal digits for result figures
The resolution of the OROS instrument is high and may not fit the ones from some transducers (ex: temperature).
It is now possible to define the displayed number of decimal digits (precision) in the results windows by unit. This adjustment will be saved in the user’s preferences and applied permanently.
Set the adequate visible decimal digits for a physical quantity:
- Open the Units & Quantity from the ribbon Home tab.
- Select a physical quantity and create a new unit for it.
- From the Unit dialog, set the number of decimal digits to be displayed.
- Close the dialog with the Ok button.
The fixed decimal digit will apply when the new unit is selected. All displayed results will be adjusted:
- Graphs scales
- Cursors &, markers
- Scalar settings
Note: This fixed decimal setup disables the automatic figures display of NVGate. Fixed, Engineering and Scientific notation may lead to side effects, especially for small values. It is not compatible with Prefixed notation; in this case it will be ignored.
Data integrity (i.e. precision & accuracy) is not impacted, the results keep their intrinsic fidelity. It is possible to revert to former format at any time.
Extract DC tach from a dynamic input track
When the recorded signal does not feature parametric channels, the extraction of proportional DC tach is impeached. A new extraction procedure has been released in NVGate V12.00 using the Monitor in post-processing.
- Open the ribbon Analyses / Monitor / Inputs button.
- Select the DC tach Track in one Monitor channel.
- From the ASB, add a DC tach and select the Mon of selected input as a source.
The DC tach is then available for any tachometer usage.
Memorization of calibrator type and settings
For both Acoustic and Vibration calibration, NVGate V12.00 memorizes the last used calibrator information.
Adjust the number of layouts in PC RAM
NVGate used to keep the last 5 layouts displayed in a NVGate session in RAM memory.
Reminder: Layouts are loaded in RAM after they have been shown through:
- "CTRL + SHIFT" to scan loaded Layouts from RAM
- "CTRL + SHIFT + SPACE" scan & load Layout
The Layouts loaded in RAM can be switched rapidly. The unloaded ones require more time to be displayed. NVGate V12.00 allows users to adjust the maximum number of Layouts that can be loaded in RAM. This can be adjusted by editing the NVgate.ini file.
Simply add the line: LIVE_LAYOUTS=N
(x being the max. number of layouts loaded into PC RAM.)
Note: Display performance can be affected if you add more Layouts in RAM than your PC can manage. The Layouts content (Number of traces/lines & 3D/Colormaps) is a major parameter of display performances.
Kinematic Marker Database
A relevant bearing base is available within the NVGate V12.00 distribution. It includes bearing characteristics from main bearing manufacturers.
After NVGate installation, copy from the installer directory:
D:\ \Examples\Marker\Kinematic\ Roller bearing_DB example.csv
to the NVGate directory:
This database includes bearing from SKF, NSK SNR…
Kinematic markers (FFT-Diag option) can be selected through the ribbon Display/Graphs/Marker.
Scaling graphs at a time in multi-graph windows
Multigraph mode now allows applying scale modifications to all traces inside of the current window, current layout or all the layouts.
Change window color by macro
Window background color is now modifiable through Macro or NV Drive. This is useful for end of line tests as well as Go/No Go applications. The visual effect is can be made clear and visible with adapted colors (ex. Green for Go and Red for No Go)
From the ribbon Tools\Macros edit or create a macro:
From the macro editor open the insert algorithmic command button
Select the Change windows properties command.
Select Preferences and add background color = #FFFFFF
#FFFFFF is the RGB color in hexadecimal standard value.
Example of macro for using this function:
Add/remove Window dialog
The former Add/Remove dialog (partially replaced by the "Results" one) used to generate boring and time-consuming reconstruction or scanning effects. These effects were triggered by 2 actions:
- The Cancel button generates a long reconstruction of all layouts. It is more efficient to close and remove the last window manually
. The Cancel button has been removed to avoid this.
- Clicking on the External results tab or opening the dialog without results to display led to scan the project manager, locking the software until the full scan. The External results tab has been removed to avoid long browsing of the project manager.
Note: Operating NVGate with a fully populated project manager may cause slower NVGate operations. It is recommended to reduce the number of projects and measurements in the project management using the following methods:
Archive: The Home\DataSet Share and Collate buttons allow selecting a set of Projects, Measurements and Models to be moved or copied to/from any location in your Windows environment. These features permit fast, easy and secured data archives and recoveries. All environement data are moved with the selected data (ex Mask, Macro, Signal, etc). See DataSet management in the NVGate user’s manual.
- Filter: The project can also be filtered to show only a selection of Projects, Measurements and Models in your NVGate environment. This method does not move the data as the above one, it simply hides a part of it. Therefore, it is less efficient than the archive one.
Select the report template from NVDrive
Using the NVGate reports in automated operations reduce dramatically the system development time. In order to facilitate the integration of such applications, it has been made possible to control and select the report template (MSWord or Excel) through NVDrive or Python. The new NVDrive commands are:
For details, see the updated NVDrive manuals for NVGate V12.00.
|External users’ tools|
The user’s tool community is a place to exchange between OROS and its users as well as between users. The exchange may be from any nature:
- Advises, tips, examples
- How to? Models, database
- External tools (automation, features extension, functions)
These utilities will be available from myOROS.com (need to register with your license key).
Note: The following Users’ tools usage is dedicated to our valuables customers who updated to NVGate V12.00 through service contract (Evolution or Serenity). See your local distributor to purchase a software contract.
Batch post process
If you have a lot of signals to post process, this tool will do it automatically and create a report.
Extract a tachometer from an FFT waterfall/colormap to be used as a waterfall reference.
Automatic report selection
For production test, this tool will automatically open NVGate within one project, load a model and set the requested word/excel report template on the report tab.
Cut or force to 0 a part of a signal file. Helpful to quickly remove noise without editing the original time signal for example.
Rosette computation for strain gage
Compute the main stress from rosette micro strain.
Visualize multiplane torsional (twist) ODS from a set of order amplitudes and phases.
CAN bus: import .dbc
Import in the NVGate ASB a selection of parameters contained in CAN bus .dbc file.
Automatically compute RT60 with T20 or T30 methods from 1/3rd octave colormap/waterfall. It is also possible to manually adjust the regression line for the reverberation time computation.
Computation parameters selection window:
Note: Contact your local dealer to get the conditions for getting this tool.
The following issues found and reported by OROS customers in former releases have been fixed from NVGate V11.10.003 to NVGate V12.00.
Cascade mode (multi analyzers)
Cascade mode has been dramatically reviewed in depth to provide a robust error-free operation running NVGate with multiple instruments.
- The clocks synchronization is now continuously monitored to avoid any de-sync to occur (cable issue) without warning.
- Record files management has been secured by the rework of download and data assembly. It is now stable and faster.
- Accesses to XPod and full tachometer settings have been made available in cascade mode offering the same usage in all modes.
- System performances have also been improved in terms of launch and load time as well as results fluidity.
Cascade mode with NVGate V12.00 has benefits from a detailed test and validation campaign by the OROS team in our users’ applications. This ensures a comfortable usage of the OROS system in cascade mode.
List of related issues:
|11487:||Bridge Auto Zero in cascade Mode (added)|
12962, 12271, 13251, 13276: Random de-synchronization in cascade mode (fixed)
12341, 13261, 12414, 13272,12415: Errors downloading and/or assembling data from the recorder (fixed)
|12363:||Permanent monitoring of the synchronization cable connection (added)|
|12374:||Issue with DC input recording on slave unit (fixed)|
|12385:||"Red icon" on signal in the project manager in case of synchronization issue (added)|
|13069:||2 OR38 in cascade mode, SOA display doesn’t refresh (fixed)|
|13166:||Cascade mode: simple setup leads to unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|12271:||On specific configuration signal tracks may have phase error (fixed)|
|12960:||Starting NVGate with 5 units is very slow (improved)|
|12815:||Cascaded: FFT/ trigger the Ext. sync 1 of second analyzer is not accessible (fixed)|
|12952:||SOA with integrators filters in cascade mode shows non consistent values (fixed)|
|11198:||XPod settings available with online multi analyzer (added)|
Software stability has been carefully managed with a detailed tracking of any freezes, unexpected NVGate stops, incorrect behavior or side effects.
- The memory management has been improved to reduce issues related to memory limits.
- The compatibility with former files (setup, project, signal) have been adjusted to allow a full ascendant compatibility.
- Settings dependencies have also been reviewed.
It results in reinforced stability with NVGate V12.00.
List of related issues
|10963:||Add to waterfall a memorized trace and select an active trace: Unexpected NVGate stop (fixed).|
|10886:||Unexpected NVGate stop after Drag and drop in waterfall a DC input already selected as a dynamical input (fixed).|
|3622:||Unexpected NVGate stop while exporting in MATLAB (fixed)|
|10962:||FFT Zoom factor x32 leads to unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|10350:||Unexpected NVGate stop on a specific configuration of NVGate including SOA + WTF + SW (improved)|
|9721:||Graph freezes after losing/retrieving tachometer signal in multi analyzer and 2 SOA (fixed)|
|11780:||Unexpected NVGate stop in office mode editing measurement from the Project manager (fixed)|
|12784:||NVGate instability while swapping in a layout including Lissajous and Orbits (fixed)|
|12907:||Add WTF overall profile after workbook reload in post-analysis lead to unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|12548:||Unexpected NVGate stop while clicking on Edit measurement with "Inputs" dialog opened (fixed)|
|13340:||Unexpected NVGate stop of NVGate while importing a specific .res file(fixed)|
|13335:||Memorize trace of max avg 1/n octave => Unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|13256:||Load in player on a specific signal => NVGate freezes (fixed)|
|13323:||Mixing incompatibles low and High sampling frequencies lead to unexpected NVGate stop (protected)|
|13293:||Post-analysis: Same input names on signal tracks lead to instability (fixed)|
|13255:||When downloading a signal, a Freeze of NVGate could happen (fixed)|
|13260:||If a file can’t be deleted from the analyzer hard drive, unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|13337:||Unexpected NVGate stop using an old specific NVGate project for calibration (fixed)|
|13357:||Freeze on a specific project (fixed)|
|12758:||Instability with a specific configuration after doing several measurements (protected)|
|13353:||"Input might be disconnected" warning with no reason (fixed)|
|12068:||FFT channels: not possible to duplicate the same input in multiple channels (improved)|
|13358:||Complex/Merged Module/Phase with different units leads to unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
The Overwrite function is a helpful capability of the Teamwork instrument. It saves data space by starting a recording before the expected phenomenon, to catch any unexpected event, and then overwrites the pre-test signals recording if its trigger is not met all without stopping the measurement.
This popular function used to generate side effects on recorded data integrity. The software has been reworked and secured to avoid and protect against such issues. A strong test and validation process has completed on this functionality.
List of related issues:
|11814:||Pause during record => signal cannot be post processed (fixed)|
|11202:||Issues could happen with Run + Run + Overwrite (fixed)|
|13178:||One track is recorded with 1 sec shift on a specific configuration (fixed)|
|13270:||Recording with specific configuration the last value in file could be wrong. (fixed)|
|12403:||DRec: the signal file date is not synchronized with actual date (fixed)|
The data display of a measurement instrument features many functions to accurately and reliably show measurement and analysis results.
Scales, graphs, windows refresh as well as faster display were improved. A large effort has been dedicated to this part of the software to ensure a good metrology and user experience using NVGate.
List of related issues
|10107:||Improvement of Zoomed Lissajous and Orbit results (improved)|
|11313:||Improvement to zoomed Lissajous and Orbit for saved results (improved)|
|13247:||Graphs can be grayed while swapping layouts (fixed)|
|9700:||Scaling issue to display the GAP (fixed)|
|12027:||Loading a signal in player change the Y axis scale of the player when it is set to "fixed" (fixed)|
|11165:||On specific configuration the windows content refresh could be very slow (improved)|
|11197:||Digital view meter is empty once measurement is started (fixed)|
|11739:||Possibility to see the phase with 2 digits decimal (added)|
|10842:||Impossible to see micro-def figures with limited decimal digit (fixed)|
|3600:||Preview of imported signal the Preview build lasts 10 min in connected mode (improved)|
|12735:||Linear axis for new Unit (added)|
|11069:||Sometimes the inputs are not displayed in the right order (fixed)|
|10352:||SOA Cascade mode: display is not refreshed (fixed)|
|12717:||Incorrect preview data while recording (fixed)|
|12918:||Layouts list is not visible in ORBIGate (fixed)|
|10441:||Graph zoom affects the damping computation (fixed)|
|13248:||Scalar windows is resized while swapping layouts (fixed)|
|12188:||X Axis scale of OVA Profile is reset when measurement starts (fixed)|
|13413:||Scaling active window doesn’t work in multigraph mode (fixed)|
|11934:||Using 6 layouts: coherence and spectrum disappear (fixed)|
|13418:||Switch more than 5 layouts in RAM (added)|
The ASAM ODS (.atfx) and Universal file format (.uff) export filters have been improved with limits and data interpretation error fixes.
List of related issues:
|11201:||Limited number of WTF results while exporting to ATFX format (improved)|
|10932:||ATFX: Can’t export if results contain 3D waterfall data (fixed)|
|11102:||Export DC track (signal) mismatch sampling frequency (fixed)|
|13401:||UFF: sound pressure signal is imported as voltage (improved)|
The NVGate Plug-ins management of low and high sampling frequencies have been improved with some minor fixes. Note, it is recommended to leave the Autobandwidth of plug-ins set to ON.
List of related issues:
|11145:||Recording in D-rec mode, multi bandwidths signal files cannot be re-recorded. (fixed)|
|11068:||Post analysis in 1/n octave, max frequency is not correctly set if the record was done with 2 different sampling frequencies (fixed)|
|13291:||Wrong re-record of signals that were originally recorded in multi-bandwidth (fixed)|
|13280:||Default low sampling frequency in Recorder doesn’t match with the one of front-end (fixed)|
|13376:||Autobandwidth ON: FFT range is not correctly set (fixed)|
|13377:||Autobandwidth ON: Recorder Sampling2 is not correctly set (fixed)|
Tachometer and order analysis
The functions for rotational acquisition and analyses have been improved with several fixes.
List of related issues:
|13184:||SOA Order is not displayed if FFT overlap is not 90% (fixed)|
|13342:||DC tach computation from .uff could be wrong in post analyses with Waterfall(fixed)|
|12841:||Max speed for Ext. sync tachometer is too low in post-analysis (fixed)|
|13254:||Tachometer maximum speed is too low when loading setup from post-analysis measurement (fixed)|
|11332:||With demanding real-time configuration, SOA of some inputs stops without warning (fixed)|
|12718:||On a specific project, Trigger on Ext sync leads to unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|13295:||Unexpected NVGate stop when using a tachometer as the trigger for the SOA during torsional analysis (fixed)|
|13258:||On a specific project, NVGate freezes when connecting torsional channels into the recorder (fixed)|
The OR35 Teamwork instrument has been upgraded with secured usage limits. The system keeps its full capabilities without showing unexpected behaviors. The firmware update will fix the below issues.
List of related issues:
|12273:||OR35TW stops while updating the firmware on battery (fixed)|
|12551:||Input levels randomly multiplied by a factor of 10 (fixed)|
|12687:||Setting up channel 9 & 10 with ICP and Ext. synch 1 & 2 with AC leads to random colors display on OR35 TW input LEDs (fixed)|
Inputs ranges have been reviewed to match the today standards 100 mV, 300 mV, 1 V, 10 V, 40 V. The former 316 mV has been replaced and the overload warning detection (Red LED in hardware and software) where adjusted to match all cases. The overload indicator in post-analysis is also adjusted for true values.
List of related issues:
|11110:||Range Peak is 300mV and not 316mV (fixed)|
|11121:||Incorrect track overload notification in post-analysis. Indicates overload @ 332 mV instead of 100 mV (fixed)|
|11113:||Incorrect track overload notification in post-analysis. Indicates overload @ 290mV with range peak @300 mV (fixed)|
|11112:||Overload indication is different from Online to post-analysis (fixed)|
NVDrive (see NVdrive toolkit)
New NVDrive and Python functions are available for integrators and developers. It comes with the NVGate V12.00 NVDrive toolkit and some minor fixes of existing functions.
List of related issues:
|11703:||New function add in toolkit: Results by slide with NVGR_GetWaterfall (added)|
|11850:||New function NVD_CmdGetResultEx_SetBehavior in NVGate Toolkit (added)|
|12214:||GetReferenceList command adds FFT Tach1, even if it is not valid (fixed)|
|12836:||NVGate Toolkit: Set Y range when creating 3D waterfall results with NVGateResultFile (added)|
|12743:||Correction of AddWindowResult function in NVDSocket (fixed)|
|13234:||Set Report template: ReportSelectInteractiveDocument (added)|
|13233:||Get Report template list: ReportGetInteractiveDocumentList (added)|
|13287:||New NVDrive function: WaitGUI (added)|
Satisfying our customers is our priority. You may find the customers’ issues that have been fixed, in the below list.
List of related issues:
|12029:||Post analysis mode, the "select signal" window is no more accessible (fixed)|
|11909:||Sharing Models failed because no "User" folder exists (fixed)|
|12561:||Multiple unexpected NVGate stops when NVDrive TCP port is busy (fixed)|
|12578:||Results mix between saved measurement and current analysis (fixed)|
|12293:||Add identification source for reference values in profile view (added)|
|12830:||Merge database: a sensor can be not recognized (fixed)|
12098, 9759, 10566: Calibration module: the measured level should be displayed (added)
|11938:||Profile of overall in FFT is not refresh if SOA is activated without tachometer (fixed)|
|12979:||Trace name from player not explicit, the short name of traces is improved (improved)|
|12674:||Autorange disturbs the sequence processing (fixed)|
|13085:||Displaying a tachometer profile from "Results" dialog reset order profile (SOA) during the acquisition (protected)|
|13074:||Incorrect record duration with DC input (fixed)|
|13023:||Missing last DRPM event (fixed)|
|13078:||Post-analysis: FFT doesn’t stop when Delta RPM associated to Trigger FFT (fixed)|
|13290:||Incorrect rounding on the monitor DC view meter (fixed)|
|12979:||Trace name from player is not explicit in post-analysis (improved)|
|11065:||Order section is wrong when integration is applied (fixed)|
|13216:||Wrong units with integrated signal post-analysis (fixed)|
|13075:||DC profile of tachometer can have an incorrect profile (fixed)|
|13379:||Waterfall post-analysis does not start correctly while triggered with RPM Event (fixed)|
|10072:||Impossible to remove a trace on section manager of waterfall (fixed)|
|12833:||Mixing units in Polar graph leads to unexpected NVGate stop (fixed)|
|13263:||Several waterfalls "Add/remove result" dialogs can be displayed together (protected)|
|13264:||Clicking on cancel on "Add/remove windows" dialog takes too much time (protected)|
Contact our firstname.lastname@example.org or your local dealer, for details or if you miss a reported issue.