NVGate release note V12
|Bundle V12.10 Update|
April 2020 Update- This update of the V12 release note describes the new features of V12.10 on top of the already announced V12 features.
OROS always strives to be closer to its users and is carefully listening to needs and requests. This is why OROS is regularly releasing new bundles. Customers under contract automatically benefit from each release. The last update of the V12 generation is now V12.10.
The NVGate® bundle V12.10 is available from April 2020. This release of the OROS 3-Series analyzer’s software platform brings additional functionalities to the V12.00 version.
- One click update of the license keys,
- Seamless transition from recording to signal post analysis
- One step further for properties management
- Filling in properties content from a drop down list
- Multi-selecting, deleting properties,
- Managing incoming properties,sorting properties order, and more …
- No tach signal available? : Use the simulated tachometer.
- And more to discover below …
Compatibility: Same as V12.00
One click update of the license keys
If you are now using NVGate version 11 or a previous version, you will need to update the license keys of your analyzer and USB dongle in order to run the NVGate version 12.10 that you have installed on your PC.
The NVGate connection window has been enhanced in version 12.10 to quickly update the license keys.
How to proceed?
- 1) Select the item (analyzer or dongle) for which you want to update the license keys.
- 2) Select the .ZIP archive containing your new license key files (as sent by mail by customer care team or your local distributor).
The license key files will be automatically copied in the NVGate installation folder and the keys of your analyzer and USB dongle will be encrypted.
3) The firmware update will be automatically performed.
Key update process
Seamless transition from recording to post analysis
After recording a signal and computing some results with the NVGate plug-ins (FFT, SOA, OCT,…) you might need to post-analyze the recorded signal to change a few analysis settings or compute additional results using the same plug-ins.
With NVGate 12.10, it is now possible to post-analyze a signal:
- Directly using the same setup as the one used during the recording. If required, additional modifications to the setup can be realized in a further step.
In that case, after loading the record setup the same results will be computed and / or displayed as during the acquisition. It is then possible to change the analysis settings, remove or add some results and modify the layouts.
Note: 'if the record setup contains virtual inputs, torsional channels, CAN or DC channels, the connection of these channels to the plug-ins will be reset.
- or start from scratch on a new default setup.
In that case, all the tracks connection to the plug-ins will be reset.
How to proceed?
To post-analyze a signal and choose to keep the record setup or use a new setup, you can either:
- Select the signal from the Post Analysis menu and select the Post-analyze option as follow:
Selecting a signal to be post analyzed from the Select Signal window
- Or right click on the signal in the NVGate Workspace and select the Post-analyze option:
Selecting a signal to be post analyzed from the project manager
One step further for properties management
The properties is a great feature of the Teamwork platform which allows users to associate context information to their measurement data and setups (properties are applied when saving a project, a setup or a measurement).
Without such a tool, the natural tendency would be to insert this information in the titles of the measurements making the users life difficult when it is time to sort and find relevant data.
New key features are now available in the Properties Manager of NVGate 12.10 to allow a smooth experience of the Dataset management.
Filling in properties content from a drop down list
The user is given the possibility to fill in the content of a property from a drop-down list of predefined choices as shown in the window below.
Filling in a predefined choice for a property (when for example creating a new project)
How to proceed?
1. Start the properties manager window for the "Home ribbon"
Starting the properties manager window
2. After selecting a property, the property type can be selected. Three choices are available:
Free text: the user can enter any text freely when filling the property information.
List (restricted) (New in V12.10)
Fill-in the List items in the Properties manager. Then, when saving a project, a measurement or a setup you will be able to select the item from a combo list as shown below.
List (New in V12.10):
This option is a mix of the "Free text" and "List (restricted)" option. During a save (measurement, setup or project), the list is proposed as a combo but free text still can be entered. For that the list items should be entered in the properties manager for the selected property. In this case, the property will be given the free text content but the list will not be populated with this new entry. If this required, the list of that property can be modified in the properties manager